Size of the sponge varies anywhere from 4-6 inches!
Other uses for your sponge: Painting, car washing, general cleaning, dish washing, washing your animals and so much more!
Why they are good for the environment:
Many plastic loofahs you find in stores send microscopic pieces of microplastics straight into your shower drain and into the sewage system, where they eventually reach the ocean and add to the growing level of plastic pollution in the ocean.
The Sea Sponge is a renewable natural resource and biodegradable.
When sponges are harvested, the sponge divers hand cut each sponge to ensure that more than one inch of the base remains intact Scientific studies have consistently confirmed that the regular harvesting of natural sponges actually enhances the health and population of the sponges by increasing the population and removing older sponges. Not to mention Natural Sea Sponges possess remarkable powers of regeneration. Broken of bits of sea sponge are carried by off by water currents and have the ability to settle in another location and re-grow into a clone of the parent sponge.
How to care for your Sponge:
After each use, allow your sponges to completely dry.
It is advisable to clean natural sponges on a regular basis, usually every few weeks if used daily:
- Rinse the natural sponge or loofah under warm running water.
- Soak the sponge in a small bowl filled with 1 tablespoons of baking soda to each cup of water. Leave to soak for 15 mins.
- Remove from the bowl, rinse and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- Set out to dry on a clean surface, such as the bathtub.
- Use again. The sponge should be as good as new.
The baking soda will cleanse the sponge as well as revitalize its cellular structure, increasing durability.